Using accredited psychologists we engage, educate and empower your organisation to better mental health.
Mental Health First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid At Work
- Mental Health Awareness
- Understanding Mental Health
- Mental Health First Response
- Bespoke Mental Health
Mental Health At Work
This two-day course gives delegates the skills to be mental health first aiders. Delegates will get a deep understanding of what mental health is and what factors can affect wellbeing.
The course teaches delegates practical skills to spot the signs of mental illness and gives them the confidence to step in and support a person who needs assistance.
- Numbers limited to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
Your employees will learn and/or gain:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
This 3-hour course (for up to 16 people) will be an interactive workshop during which presenter and delegates will share professional knowledge, understanding and experiences.
Upon completion of the course all delegates receive:
A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it and a toolkit to support their own mental health and a certificate of attendance.
- Repeated short-term sickness absences
- Long term sickness absence lasting several weeks or more
- Return to work after a long period of sickness absence
- Underperforming at work due to a suspected underlying health condition
This 6-hour course engages, educates and empowers employees to a deep understanding of Mental Health and gain knowledge of the most common issues and confidence in how to offer support. This course is aimed at all staff levels.
What to expect:
- The course is an interactive workshop during which presenter and delegates will share professional knowledge, understanding and experiences to ensure that the course is relatable and relevant while keeping all delegates safe and supported as some issues can cause some distress.
- Upon completion of the course, all delegates receive a digital manual to refer to whenever they need it and a toolkit to support their own mental health together with a certificate of attendance.
Our one-day course (8hours for 1-16 people) engages, educates and empowers employees to deal with emergency Mental Health First Response situation and to administer Mental Health First Aid.
Your employees will learn and/or gain:
- What is Mental Health and why is it relevant within a work environment and understanding that work and private life combine to create our overall mental health picture.
- Knowledge and an understanding of common mental health issues and debunking of misconceptions (depression, anxiety, stress, substance abuse, etc) – others can be included if your business has specific issues to be addressed) – signs of each issue and common causes.
- The confidence to advocate for mental health awareness.
- The ability to identify signs of possible poor mental health and confidence to support someone in a Mental Health Crisis using the UNMASK method.
- An introduction to looking after our own mental health and wellbeing and the skills to support the wellbeing of others (10 useful tips).
- Where and when to seek help – useful references.
- Delegates will receive a digital manual to refer to whenever they need it and a toolkit to support their own mental health and certificate of attendance confirming they have received training.
Every business and it’s challenges are unique, which is why we offer BESPOKE tailored mental health training packages. Here is a small list of topics we can cover:
- Suicide Prevention
- Building Resilience
- Change Management
- Inclusion, Diversity & Bias
- Food & Mood
- Work-Life Balance
- Coping with Pressure
- Improving Sleep Patterns
- Positive Thinking
- Rest & Relaxation
- Developing Resilience
- Health & Wellbeing
- Handling Conflict
- Putting the ‘Me’ Back in Time
- Developing Self Confidence
- Reducing Anxiety, Anger & Frustration
If you have a mental health challenge in your business and would like a tailored training package please reach out and we’ll be happy to advise.
Why use K2A
Mental Health Services?
- How do you know what mental health training your organisation needs?
- How do you know the training is working?
These 2 critical questions can be a challenge to answer and that’s why we provide a complete mental health support strategy called ‘Unmasking Psychology Framework’
By working with one of our accredited psychologists and implementing our ‘Unmasking Psychology Framework’ you can be certain you have the right mental health strategy for your business.
- Poor Mental Health costs UK companies up to £45 billion each year
- Mental Health issues are now the number one cause of workplace absences
- For every £1 spent on Mental Health, £5 is saved on absence and staff turnover
- 67% of employees say they would use “well-being” services if offered by their employer
- 80% of employees believe their employers should to more about Mental Health
- 60% of employees say that have work experienced a Mental Health issue at work; 25% will admit it!
Organisations are learning that well-being is good for business and that healthy people are happier, more engaged, more productive and less likely to leave.
Mental health training for managers and employees to provide and enhance skills is a key component for creating a safe, healthy workplace where the mental and physical health of employees are valued equally.
Training gives people tools to support their own mental health and that of their colleagues and can help encourage people to seek and access support.
However, training is just one part of the puzzle as each organisation’s culture is different. For increased effectiveness and to have a sustainable impact, there needs to be a wider organisational strategic approach to mental health and well-being.
Most organisations are implementing mental health training without an understanding of the leading guidance and recommendations on why this is needed and how to get the best results and without a wider strategy addressing this.
That is why you also need to develop and enhance an overall strategy to help your employees thrive and in turn, your business succeed.
If you are reading this you are already thinking about how to improve the mental health of your organisation.
We are here to guide and support you on your journey.
- Understand why mental health is being addressed by employers.
- Know when and why employers should act – understanding the multiple steps to be taken to properly address mental health in the workplace.
- Engage with an Organisation you trust.
- Understand the different training that is available and what training to implement and why?
- Have a plan to address what happens after staff training has been completed?
Unsure what training your organisation needs?
Book a 30 minute free advisory session, with an accredited psychologist
Depending on the objectives your organisation has set in relation to policy and strategy, we can help you assess outcomes and overall mental health development of the organisation and provide information or completed reports setting out and documenting the outcomes of your policy and strategy on a quarterly, bi-annually or annual basis, providing further compliance with the Thriving at Work recommendations.
- Post Training Assessment and Certification
- Access to Online Resources
“Everything was extremely easy with K2 Associates, from the initial enquiry to arranging the training during a global pandemic! Great communication and flexibility during a difficult time. The training was extremely informative and useful not only in the workplace but within our daily lives. Lee was a great trainer, and we look forward to welcoming him back in the future.”
“We were apprehensive at first about the concept and after discussions, I realised that there would be a benefit for our organisation. It was a strange fact that the staff we thought would not buy into the concept did and those that we thought would, did not at first, but now find this a great help to their own personal and business relationships. Whilst the concept is very innovative for our business, we feel it gives our staff a good platform to benefit themselves and also the business. The increase in understanding and contentment has blossomed overt the 6 months that we have introduced this benefit. Thank you for all of your hard work and the support of management to overcome the future hurdles that we may have to contend with.”
“All staff were very pleased with the training delivered, which was pitched at the right tone and presented well. The team enjoyed the interaction with the trainer with very engaging discussions. The online chat function alongside live interaction was great for people who were maybe less confident to speak up. It was very interesting to hear stories of others who were brave enough to open up during the session. The slides were clear and pitched at the right level, without too much technical jargon”
“Allen Lane has worked with K2 Associates UK Limited for more than 9 years. Eddie has always provided us with exceptional service, and remarkably quick turnaround. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!”
“At NG Bailey we are always striving to reduce risks and protect our people. We have always been able to trust K2A to complete our safety-critical medicals and employee drugs and alcohol testing. The best part about using K2A is we are always confident they will provide the highest possible standards in the timeframes we need.”
“The booking, undertaking and delivery of the safety-critical assessments through K2 Associates has been smooth and their assessors have been very professional and efficient. They have helped us (sometimes at very short notice) to accommodate our needs to carry out the assessments at venues of our choice and the delivery of certificates have been processed promptly without any issues.”
How can we help?
Let us know how we can help your organisation improve mental health wellness and wellbeing.
Alternatively, you can always get through to a member of the team by calling: